Riverdale Art Walk Co-ordinator. (Subject to approval of the Board of Directors)
Part-time Contract Position
The Artists’ Network is seeking an assistant co-ordinator for the 14th annual Riverdale Art Walk. The RAW is held June 2nd and 3rd 2012 with over one hundred artists exhibiting in an outdoor venue, retail stores and studios in the South Riverdale Area along Queen Street East from the DVP to Leslie.
As the Co-ordinator you will be looking after logistics of the event:
Organizing the artist submission packages for jurying:
Administration of artists’ applications:
The recruitment of retail venues:
The arrangement and application of the Park:
Liaison with artists:
Other duties applicable to the smooth organization of the RAW.
The successful candidate should possess:
Event planning management skills:
Familiarity with outdoor art exhibitions and not-for-profit organizations:
Ability to manage a budget:
Excellent communication and customer service skills:
Promotional and marketing skills an asset:
Ability to handle stressful situations.
Compensation related to experience.
Is now closed and applications are being considered. Sucessful candidates will be contacted for interviews.
(no phone calls please)
On Going Volunteer Positions:
The Artists’ Network depends upon the gracious help of volunteers for much of what we do and, like most artists’ run organisations, we depend on our membership for this help. We have many exciting events coming up, the first of which is the Little Art Show, which is one of our major fundraisers for the AN. We also have many other events that would be made much easier if we had the help or some volunteers. This not only helps us do what we need to do in order to serve you better, but it also provides members with a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes here at the AN. As you know, one of the intentions of being a member here is the opportunity for networking and meeting other like-minded artists – volunteering is one way of achieving this goal.
We would like to put together a list of people who are willing to volunteer from time to time so that we can draw from this list if we need volunteers – don’t worry, nobody will force you if you are on the list, but it gives us a starting point for rounding up help.
There are however many volunteer positions available.
Volunteer positions available and descriptions of responsibilities:
Networking Committee Member
Assisting setting the calendar for the networking seminars and determining the educational needs of the the membership.
Facilitate roughly 3 seminars a year, taking the lead to organize the event and liase with the required speaker and arrange for any equipment needed.
A two hour meeting roughly ten times a year. Plus roughly three to five hours to organize individual sessions.
Hangman Programing Committee
Determining the programming calendar for Hangman. This would include jurying submission for exhibitions, contributing to the setting of themes for group shows and open calls. Assist in the management of mounting exhibitions and taking a lead to co-ordinate the various exhibitions. Assist in the promotion of the exhibitions.
A two hour meeting roughly ten times a year. Plus roughly five to seven hours when taking the lead in co-ordinating about two to three exhibition a year.
Riverdale Art Walk Committee:
Assisting the RAW Co-ordinator: Advertising and Promotion, Art in the Windows, Artist Placement, Artist Liason, Administration. Help in determining the direction of the RAW and possible creative alternatives or additional programs.
- develop a PR plan, based on an annual marketing calendar
- develop any generic tools that are identified as needed by initiatives (ie. HAG)
- act as a consultant on an as needed basis
- be involved in direct PR of RAW and LAS, with a focus on generating media interest
- more time upfront 2-3 months, (say 10-15 hours a month) then part of committees for RAW and LAS
Graphic Designers X2
- assist in development of marketing materials based on new brand, print-ready
- assist in development of HAG materials (show postcards, signage, digital, etc)
- assist in the development of event materials (posters, flyers, digital invites, etc)
6 to 8 hours a month, perhaps a few more leading into events
- clean up and build files of members art for marketing, online catalogues, online bidding, etc
6 hours a month, perhaps more leading into events
Copy writers X2
- develop marketing materials based on brand capsule
- develop ongoing website copy, and post to new site
- assist with members bulletins
6 to 10 hours a month
- assistant to Chris H. in development of new site
- first quarter 2012 - 30-40 hours
- ongoing: 6 to 8 hours a month
Keynote (or PPT) Builder
- able to take existing template and customize for sponsor presentations
- build self-running presentation for art fairs, etc.
- as needed.
- online research, sponsor information
- what's happening in the art world
- content development for website
6 hours a month
- these are artists members who are willing to go out into the community to be spokespeople about the AN or as artists
- participate in sponsor events or "lunch and learns" for sponsor employees - Understanding Art 101, Collecting 101, Photography 101, Painting 101,etc
- knowledgeable representatives in booths at RAW, QWAC, Outdoor Art, etc.
- introduce the Network and participating artists at HAG openings
learning and understanding the brand (own time)
one off participation 2 or 3 times a year
Co-ordinate and track who's been approached, who said yes, who said no, how much, etc.
Someone that a person from other committees can call and say - "hey, so and so said hey were interested, or I'd like to approach the local TD Bank branch to sponsor the BowsArt show...". Taking a significant role in obtaining sponsorship.